Friday, July 01, 2005

Our Leaders....

Whoa.....did I just see right???!!! Did Disciple actually post something???!! Anyway, thanks for making this a team blog....thought it was going to turn out solo.....
Couldn't have said it better myself Disciple, that part about GWB being hypocritically pro-life...in fact I was going to post something about it myself. What about capital punishment? Do we as humans really have the right to decide when a man's life is to end?
Anyway, I found some interesting verses about the devil last night....so here goes:
John 14:30 I will no longer speak much with you, for the ruler of the world is coming. He has no power over me.....
2 Corinthians 4:4 in whose case the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that they may not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (NASB)
Satan?! Ruler of the world? God of this age?? Wait a second! This is the world were living in??! But what about Bush? Isn't he a Christian? Well, okay, so I'm not gonna actually cast judgment, but some of his actions would highly suggest an un-Christian attitude, to put it lightly. Don't forget, Satan offered Jesus the kingdoms of the world, so he apparently has control over them, at least to some extent. So how am I going to respond when the pawn of the ruler of this world orders me to go to war? Even when Jesus clearly teaches otherwise? Do you cite Romans 13, and obey your ruler and go to war? Let me ask you a harder question (or maybe easier). What if GWB, or any other president or government, forced you to renounce Jesus? Would we again cite Romans 13?? The Bible is very clear that we can only obey men if we are not disobeying God.
Oh, and btw, on another interesting note, are you going to catch me casting my vote for a candidate for the high office of one of the kingdoms of this world? NO! As I have said before, I say again, no man can serve two masters, and I am serving the true Master.
In closing, if I have not made my point clear, let me say that using politics to change the world is not the way of Jesus, nor is it taught anywhere in the Bible.
For Christ and the Kingdom,
~Free Radical