Wednesday, January 30, 2008

eHarmony...has lots of ugly people!

If you think about it, online dating makes a lot of sense. The internet has revolutionized the way people can connect to information - products, news, etc. It seems the internet would be an extremely efficient way to connect to a significant other.

I'm always seeing commercials for eHarmony so I thought I'd try it out.

It's interesting, you fill out the profile and then the system connects you to people it thinks you may like. Unfortunately, I don't like ugly, obese, desperate 30+ somethings. I don't know how to tell eHarmony to stop sending me those matches.

I feel bad because I keep hitting the "Close Match" button, which basically is a rejection of the poor girl. Some of these girls must get A LOT of these rejections. So I felt bad and stopped hitting that button, but then all the matches just pile up and become unmanageable.

I'd have to say about 50% of my matches have semi-interesting profiles. And then of those 50%, about 2% are attractive. So, of every 100 girls, there's only 1 that becomes very interesting. Of course, every other guy must think the same thing so we all try communicating with the same girl...

Not sure how you win at this game yet, but I'm gonna keep playing and I'll give an update on this at a later date!