Monday, February 04, 2008

Big iPhone Zealot!

I've had the iPhone for about 2 months now, and honestly, it is BY FAR the best cellphone I've ever owned or used. Apple has done it once again, revolutionizing the functionality and usability of a digital piece of hardware - first the MP3 player and now the cellphone.

And it's not just that the iPhone is a sleek phone with internet capabilities and a cool interface. I can use the iPhone for much of the tasks I use my laptop for! The iPhone uses Apple's Safari web browser. This is a full functioning web browser capable of viewing any website clearly on the iPhone. You are not limited to mobile versions of websites. You don't have to scroll around a webpage because it can't fit on your cellphone's display. You can use the iPhone to view any webpage, and then use the iPhone's intuitive features to zoom in and out of the page, and flip between multiple web sites.

As an internet entrepreneur, the iPhone is ideal. I can check my websites, statistics, google searches, etc all on the iPhone. And if I'm near a WiFi spot, the iPhone will try to connect to the wireless network for internet connectivity rather than rely on its cellphone AT&T connection for improved performance.

Most of my work is performed via email, so the iPhone is also ideal in this respect. It connects to my gmail POP server and downloads new emails whenever I switch to the mail application on the iPhone.

Of course, the iPhone is also a 4GB iPod, so I can work out in the gym with the iPhone, listening to music, and if an incoming call comes in, the the iPhone pauses the music, and allows you to answer the phone, with the earphones still in.

The iPhone has other great features, a stock ticker, weather, maps, notes, camera, calendar, etc.

The iPhone is the greatest phone ever in my opinion, and I would highly recommend looking into it!

Now I wonder how the new MacBook Air is? That looks pretty impressive too, I may have to get one...