Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tick-Tock Goes the AP Ticker

Bad, bad news for poor little freelance folks like me who try to eke out a living bringing news to all you hoes (but I say that with love and affection).

The Associated Press is putting the smack down concerning people obtaining permission to use their news ticker. Mind you, this includes search engines like Google and Yahoo. Newspapers are going to bear the brunt of this, it seems like. If permission is not obtained, the Associated Press is going to sue yo' ass.

I have to be honest here. I do not understand this a lick. I started yawning halfway through the article (eff you, A.P., it wasn't one of yours), and just stopped reading. But it seems like a big bunch of crock. I could be biased, considering that I certainly rely on their articles quite a bit for certain things. It kind of makes me just want to tune into AOL's news now, just to be spiteful.