Sunday, August 07, 2005

What's the matter with Methodists??

Check out the pic of one church that apparently serves two masters. If you couldn’t tell in the blurry picture, it’s a Christian flag and a US flag right next to each other outside of a Methodist church. Just thought that might be of interest. Also, last I heard, Bush and Cheney are still members in good standing in the Methodist church. I personally believe the Iraq War is not only against the beliefs of pacifists, it is also against the Methodist's stance on just war and preemptive strikes. I am severely shocked and wounded at the lackadaisical approach taken by the Methodist church against these two men. Their actions have communicated the message that war is acceptable and right for the churches of Christ. I am a Christian, and I love my enemies Bush and Cheney with only Christ's love. However, I protest against the Methodist church for their tolerance toward these two responsible for so many deaths.
If you are a Methodist, please sign the letter of complaint to Methodist leaders.